top of page
Table of contents.
Author a page.
Table of contents.
Table of contents.
1. Fill in the missing grass.
2. And create the largest useful map.
3. An archive.
4. A record of a place.
5. A color field painting.
6. A map of the lawn the size of the law
7. A replication.
8. A private space.
9. A public space.
10. A lawn.
11. Make a promise.
12. An empty promise.
13. A theoretical agreement.
14. To document the lawn's presence in t
15. And the memories connected to that p
16. And something left behind.
17. Something held in common.
18. Create a messy list.
19. An absurd grouping of ideas.
20. A proposal for something that will n
21. A counternarrative.
22. A beautiful object.
23. A spectacle.
24. A sculpture for a public space.
25. A landscape.
26. A waterscape.
27. A text that is only complete in rela
28. A homemade object.
29. A natural phenomenon.
30. A book with no words.
31. A gift regifted.
32. A memory of the lawn.
33. A set of instructions for a close fr
34. An image for a postcard.
35. An asset.
36. A new form of currency.
37. A monument that reminds.
38. A weighty one-liner.
39. Consider how places are named.
45. Carnegie Mellon.
47. And the names that are missing.
48. The politics of naming.
49. The process of making something offi
50. The responsibility of mapping.
52. A name for the College of Fine Arts.
53. A name for the lawn.
54. Think about getting lost.
55. And walking on grass.
56. An ideal amount of time for a walk.
57. Something to do on the lawn.
58. Something hard to grapple with.
59. Something made to be shared.
60. Something with authority.
61. Something that must change.
62. Something that must stay the same.
63. A place where you belong.
64. Record the texture of photocopied gr
65. The smell of wet ink on copy paper.
66. A gift you've received.
67. Your favorite t-shirt.
68. Lawn propaganda.
69. Lawn in order.
70. Lawn out of order.
71. The present moment.
72. Climate change.
73. Share an unanswered question.
74. A paradox.
75. A poem.
76. A goal.
77. A scavenger hunt.
78. A challenge.
79. Something selfish.
80. Something that doesn't impact you.
81. A question that leads to another que
82. An effective approach to user testin
83. Your world.
84. Your audience.
85. Your work.
86. Something going on inside of you.
87. Something empty.
88. Something full.
91. The way you think.
92. A routine.
93. How you chose this chapter.
94. The usefulness of art.
95. The most exciting thing about art.
96. Give a reason to make art.
97. A reason to return home.
98. A reason to use a metaphor.
99. A title for a book chapter.
100. A coincidence.
101. The merits of simplicity.
102. A reminder.
103. Go walking.
104. Walk on an icy sidewalk.
105. A surface covered in fallen leaves.
106. The greenest garden.
107. Listen to ambient noise.
108. Symphony No. 5.
109. Something local.
110. A noise that catches your attention
111. Something that doesn't belong.
115. Leaves of grass.
116. Seasonal change.
117. Find a place where succulents grow.
118. An invaluable tool.
119. A museum.
120. A gift for someone you love.
121. A childhood story.
122. An idea for an art project.
123. A collection.
124. Something you need to survive.
126. House plants.
127. Del rigor en la ciencia.
128. Illustrate the cover of a book.
129. The lawn.
130. The color green.
132. A backbone.
133. A place you would like to perform.
134. Honor something missing.
135. A cancelled event.
136. An unfinished project.
137. Something you haven't thought about
138. Feelings of nostalgia.
143. Grass roots.
144. A necessary relationship.
145. An inevitable cycle.
146. A cycle that should stop.
147. Zoom in.
148. Zoom out.
149. As long as the grass shall grow.
150. An invitation awaits.
6. A map of the lawn the size of the lawn.
14. To document the lawn's presence in time and space.
15. And the memories connected to that place.
20. A proposal for something that will never be.
27. A text that is only complete in relation to a place.
33. A set of instructions for a close friend.
49. The process of making something official.
64. Record the texture of photocopied grass.
81. A question that leads to another question.
82. An effective approach to user testing.
110. A noise that catches your attention.
137. Something you haven't thought about in a long time.
bottom of page